Marine Hydrophysical Institute of NAS of Ukraine (MHI) was created in 1929.
Director of the Institute is Vitaliy Aleksandrovich Ivanov.
Directions of activity:
- Complex research of Black Sea and shelf ocean regions with purpose to create scientific basis for rational use of resources and prevention of negative results of anthropogenic influence.
- Fundamental and applied physico-climactic research of marine environment with purpose to create scientific basis for monitoring and prognosis of its condition, identification of climactic changes in World Ocean and discovering their influence on weather and climate of Europe and Ukraine.
- Design and creating of new principles and methods, including aerospace, technical means of research of ecologo-oceanological processes and fields, modern information technologies and collection systems, processing, analysis and use of oceanological data and knowledge.
Types of production and service:
- New means of measurement and devices for control of marine environment condition.
- Monitoring of sea waters.
- Oceanological data bases.
- Marine maps and atlases.
Director: Vitaliy Aleksandrovich Ivanov, corresponding member of NAS of Ukraine
Adress: 2 Kapitanska St., 99011 Sevastopol, Ukraine
Phone: (+380 692) 54 0452
Fax: (+380 692) 55 4253